Our experienced and qualified teachers can tailor any program to suit any age group. Please contact us with your enquiries.
Here are our tips for teachers planning excursions to Herdsman Lake Wildlife Centre.
1. Decide on the purpose of your visit
We've made it easy to plan (and to demonstrate!) an excursion that's linked to the new Australian Curriculum. Whether you're a primary or high school teacher, Science or History teacher, there is something relevant and exciting for your class to experience at Herdsman Lake Wildlife Centre.
Browse and download the Australian Curriculum links for our most popular learning experiences here.
2. Prepare your students
Studies conducted at similar venues show that students who are well prepared for a visit are more likely to gain from the experience. Whatever the purpose of your visit, students will benefit from being informed about our facilities and what is expected of them during the visit.
With each of our programs we have provided pre-visit and post-visit activities to assist.
3. Check our Calendar of Special Events
Why not time your excursion to coincide with our special events for an extra memorable visit to Herdsman Lake?
Check out our calendar of events.
4. A checklist for your excursion!
- Decide on the purpose of your visit.
- Check our calendar of special events.
- Make a booking here.
- For any special requests, to discuss excursion policies and procedures, or to tailor your excursion to your needs, please contact us.
- If required, see Assess Risks and complete Appendix A of the DET's Excursions: 'Off School Site Activities' policy.
For information you require to complete Appendix A: CHECKLIST FOR EXCURSION MANAGEMENT PLAN with reference to Herdsman Lake Wildlife Centre
Check: WA Gould League's Excursion Safety Policy
- Arrange transport. Where is Herdsman Lake Wildlife Centre?
- Collect permission forms and excursion money.
- Arrange for adults (parents/guardians) to cheperone. Adults assisting education programs enter for free.
- Brief students and adults about the trip (purpose of the visit, time allowed, tasks to do during the visit, standard of behaviour expected).
- Check out our interactive mobile apps that can be used in and out of the classroom!
- Download factsheets from our website or contact us for an information kit, complete with appropriate pre-visit/excursion/post-visit worksheets and activities.
- Have a great time!